We are giving a guideline for writing a pre shipment checklist. Use these guidelines to develop a checklist to ensure that goods ship out as planned without any surprise. In general, it is better to have a standard packing and pre shipment checklist for the entire organization.
Many companies use a pre-designed form that can be filled online and report can be accessed by all interested parties. I think, a good preshipment checklist must include following:
1. Ordered quantity and received quantity: Are they same or there is any difference. If so, quantity or price variation covered in the contract? If not, pre-authorization for deviation from price and.or quantity taken from the customer?
2. Packing List should be checked for:
- Number of packets as per packing list
- Labels confirming the quantity on out box and inner packs
- Shipping mark
- Dimension of the outer box
- Product description
3. Quality check reports: If QC is requested, it should be part of the checklist. Any test report and sample should be sent to customer
4. Testing certificates
5. Regulatory certificates such as fumigation certificate for export of wooden furniture.
6. Insurance cover
7. Pictures of shipment. (before and after loading in the container)